Friday, October 26, 2018

My hair dryer is trying to kill me!


Okay, full disclosure: that is not me in the photo.

And secondary full disclosure: I'm a guy.

Okay, I used to have this little hair dryer. It was so tidy. It was like a gun but a gun with a very short barrel. And it even folded up so it fit easily in a suitcase (for trips I never took). Here's one similar but mine's barrel was even shorter (and it was blue). Not that being blue was important. I'm not color blind or anything.

So life was good while I used that hair dryer. I'd get up groggy in the morning, shower and then dry my hair. It all seemed to take a long time but at least I wasn't injured.

Until the nice little hair dryer broke and I had to get a new (evil) one.

See the new one had a longer barrel. (I just got the cheapest one I could at Walmart.) So yeah, it was really long like this one this barber is using. Again, that is not me in the photo. I don't know who that guy with the mohawk is or who the barber is (or why he's wearing a construction worker's overalls with a bow tie).


So what was the problem? Well, the problem was I was used to the short barrel on the old hair dryer. So now when I get up groggy, shower and use the long-barrel dryer I smack my head because the barrel is longer than I'm used to.

Okay, I don't think I've fractured my skull or anything, but I have repeatedly given myself substantial smacks with the dryer, and that is not a pleasant way to start the day.

And you know what they say about it taking thirty days to break a habit? Well, it's true! So for thirty days I smacked myself in the head with the stupid too-long hair dryer. (Something similar happened when I visited my friend in Missouri and bought a cowboy hat, which kept getting knocked off when I'd get in my car.)

I considered suing the manufacturer (At least to recoup my medical bills for head contusions, cuts and burns.), but then the thirty days passed and I sustained injuries much less frequently.

So learn from me! If you've got a snub-nose hair dryer, don't get one with a long barrel or you'll pay dearly!










6 comments:

  1. Very interesting...mine is still short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Just make sure when you get a new one it's short!

      Delete
  2. Maybe take a psychic with you next time so they can sense the (evil) intentions of the appliance before you decide to bring it into your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking. I'll try to remember that next time I shop for appliances. Thanks. ;)

      Delete
  3. How many black and blue marks do you have on your forehead? I smack myself all the time but I manage to do it before I even get it over my head. That's why I'm "air drying" my hair from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7 black and blue marks. Nah, I didn't count them. You're right "air drying" is the safest, but then, if you go outside too soon in the winter your hair freezes. (I guess there will always be risks when it comes to drying hair.)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by